Return to Proposed Revisions to NSI Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: moriarti.org
Date/Time: Tue, March 6, 2001 at 5:49 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.75 using XWindows/Linux 2.2.17-21mdk (Pentium Pro)
Score: 5
Subject: I also urge a clarification to the wording.

As another registrant of a small .org site which is not engaged in for-profit activities but is nontheless not a registered non-profit or not-for-profit organization, I would also like to urge ICANN to clarify the wording in this document. Unfortunately, as currently worded it is possible to interpret the proposal in such a way as to eliminate many of the small domains that provide much of the variety and interest of the Internet, not to mention the occasional focus for grass-roots organization.

While I am sure that ICANN has the best intentions in mind with this agreement, and the fact that whiterose.org has received additional information on this subject is reassuring, I would feel much better about my ability to keep this domain for the next 10 years if this ambiguity were resolved. In particular, I would like to see a clearer explanation of how the .org registry will distinguish between for-profit businesses and not-for-profit organizations in such a way that it does not exclude small, "miscellaneous" domains like mine or cause them excessive bureaucratic headaches.

Sincerely,
Jeff

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy