Return to Proposed Revisions to NSI Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: CBloodworth
Date/Time: Fri, March 23, 2001 at 6:37 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Bad link

Just noticed I gave the wrong URL in the 'click' link.  The URLs in the text were right though.

(I don't see any other errors, other than my usual typo's etc.  I always have trouble writing clearly in these little feedback forms.)

As I said, the letter is certainly not official policy.  It was an early letter where a few points were discussed.  The letter doesn't go into details, but what little it does say is enough to be concerned.

If you want to be generous, you could interpret it to mean just commercial sites.  (But then you have to decide what you mean by commercial sites.  Just owned by a company?  What about a company that runs an info or help site as a service?  What about a non-profit organization that sells small stuff in order to pay its bills.)

Or you could take the multiple refernces to "non-profit" and "non-profit organizations" to mean actual non profit organizations.  Excluding individuals, etc.  Take the terms literally, which is what is usually done in a legal document.

Due to its vagueness, you can read it a lot of ways.

And the officially posted .ORG proposal doesn't even mention the subject at all.  Although it does have a number of areas that are curiously "deliberately left blank" in the posted version.

This is definetly an area that ICANN needs to officially comment on.  Which is pretty much what most people in here have been demanding.

As I've said before... We need some official comments from them.  Their lack of telling us we are wrong is a very ominious sign.

Link: Letter about .ORG

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy