Return to Proposed Revisions to NSI Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: domainduck
Date/Time: Tue, March 27, 2001 at 9:35 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Are You Blind?

"We're heading towards the abyss, Janie. I have to find a way around it."
from Dune.

Did the world forget? NSI has been accused of domain name hoarding.

These are extremely serious charges that are before the courts and remain unsettled.

Control of the domain name database is a lucrative business, a privilege and a huge responsibility. ICANN must not be fooled into considering NSI as the eternal keeper of the COMs, but instead should determine, through the judiciary system, whether or not NSI is competent to continue control of any TLD at all. This is about Integrity, Honor and Trust.

We deserve answers. I say, "NO NSI" until the courts rule on the domain name hoarding charges.

I urge all ICANN 'At Large' members and all concerned Netizens to look at this and BE HEARD. Get more information, supporting news links about these charges and my personal experience here: http://www.domainduck.com/html/nonsi/html/nonsiabout.htm

Remember, 60-85 (?) days after a domain name expires, it belongs to the world. All people in all countries have a right to it immediately. If NSI is holding expired domain names for resale, doing dubious domain deals, selling personal domain name information, or engaged in any other venture that violates their contractual commitment to the Internet at large, I no longer want them to handle this information. No further contracts should be renewed with NSI until they receive a clean slate based upon their performance as a Registry and a Registrar.

Everyone, everyone answers to someone and NSI answers to us, the Internet of today and moreover, the Internet of tomorrow. Stop this action before NSI gains a hold on your future that is so tight you'll look back in history and remember the day when you actually had a chance to fight them and pissed it off.

D'OH! Homer Simpson

NEED MORE PROOF?

Today, March 27, 2001 I did a bit of research into a single Domain Name Prefix. I searched for all 'On-Hold' domain names that began with 'SEXY' because this, as we know, is a lucrative area. See for yourself.

Here are the suspects that I found with a 'single' word:

Domain Name: Registered On: Expired On: Notes:

SexyPicture.com 05-Jul-1998 05-Jul-2000 .net and .org taken
SexySchoolGirl.com 12-Nov-1998 12-Nov-2000 .net and .org taken
SexyPlaza.com 30-Sep-1998 30-Sep-2000 .net and .org taken
SexyAudio.com 08-Nov-1998 08-Nov-2000
SexyList.com 03-Jul-1998 03-Jul-2000
SexySexy.com 09-Oct-1998 09-Oct-2000 .net and .org taken
SexyTheater.com 29-Sep-1997 30-Sep-2000
SexyThongs.com 03-Jul-1998 03-Jul-2000 .net and .org taken
SexySlips.com 12-Oct-1998 12-Oct-2000 .net taken
SexyStyles.com 11-Nov-1998 11-Nov-2000

I ask NSI, I ask ICANN, I ask the MEDIA who continues to ignore this issue, I ask all people who have domain names to answer this question: WHY ARE THESE DOMAIN NAMES NOT AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE RIGHT NOW????

NSI Does Not 'Own' expired Domain Names and NSI Does Not 'Own' the Domain Name Database.

April 2, 2001 approaches like distant thunder.

Where are the soldiers and the warriors and the patriots?
Where are the men and women and the boys and girls who fight for their rights? In real space?
Is the Internet not real enough for war?

Are these battle cries?

- "Who cares what NSI does as long as I'm not affected."

- "Let someone else fight them."

- "It's far too complicated to comprehend."

- "You can't win."

- "It's already too late."

No, it's not too late. Read this excerpt from a revealing article by Afternic's Peter Girard:

'While it appears likely that the new agreement will be accepted, despite criticism from within and without ICANN, Mueller reminds the Internet community that it is not yet a fait accompli. "Several name counselors of the Domain Name Supporting Organization are unhappy. If the registrars (other than NSI) make a big noise, and /or the ccTLDs and non-US governments do, it can be stopped.'

To read the entire article, go here:
http://www.afternic.com/index.cfm?a=news&sa=more&st=6244

WHAT CAN YOU DO?

Send you complaints to: touton@icann.org

File your complaint at the Better Business Bureau: http://www.bbb.org/bbbcomplaints/Welcome.asp

Contact anyone you know. Tell them to come here and post their complaint.

Take the time - Make a difference - Enough Is Enough!

Not choice
But habit rules the unreflecting herd. William Wordsworth

5 STEP PLAN - IT MAY BE OBSCURE, IT MAY BE DUMB, BUT AT LEAST IT'S A PLAN.

Step 1: No contract changes until the court rules on NSI domain name hoarding charges.

Step 2: In the interim, full investigation of NSI's customer service record / reputation. Everyone answers to someone.

Step 3: Run this type of advertisement Worldwide; the Internet, Radio, Television, Print, Telephony, etc.

WANTED:

COMPANY WITH INTERNET, SECURITY AND DATABASE EXPERTISE.
STRONG CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS A MUST.
MAKE MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF DOLLARS..

SEND RESUME TO WWW.ICANN.ORG

If NSI is 'Not Guilty', super! NSI remains keeper of the Dot-Coms. Another entity takes over Dot-Net and a third takes over Dot-Org. All Dot-Orgs are grandfathered in. If you currently have a Dot-Org, you keep it. All new Dot-Org registrations, whether original, expired, or sold / transferred are subject to new Dot-Org regulations, whatever they might be.

Step 4: In the interim, ICANN releases the Seven new TLDs of 2000. No more waiting, no more stalling, things will never be perfect. Just release the damn things before more companies like New.net turn ICANN's image into a bad tattoo.

Step 5: Begin processing new TLD requests, Phase 2. Similar process to the first round. Seven more suffixes such as Dot-Web, Dot-Geo, Dot-Kids, Dot-XXX or Dot-Sex, etc. Repeat this step for as many TLD requests as are acceptable. ie - no hate, etc.

"Kings do not own, they reign over. It is a very different matter."     from The Little Prince.

One thing is sure. Whether controlled by a democracy or a king or a god-head, the Internet will go on and these domain name issues will disappear. Few will ever know what really happened unless you take part now.

Link: My Personal Experience.

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy