Regarding the DotOrg Foundation and RegistryOrg bids
  • To: "'org-eval@xxxxxxxxx'" <org-eval@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Regarding the DotOrg Foundation and RegistryOrg bids
  • From: Elana Broitman <ebroitman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:36:24 -0400
  • Cc: Cassidy Sehgal <cassidy.sehgal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'touton@xxxxxxxxx'" <touton@xxxxxxxxx>, "'mstrauss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <mstrauss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To the ICANN Board and evaluators -

As you have probably heard, Register.com has made a decision not to pursue
any future business initiatives for its Registry Advantage division.  The
registry resources are not going away - they are being refocused on other
parts of the company.

They will be available for immediate deployment toward the .org registry, if
either the DotOrg Foundation or RegistryOrg bid were to be successful.  We
continue to be committed to our proposals to manage the .org registry.

This decision by the company has not changed our answers in the application
or in the supplemental materials.  The company continues to support all of
our ccTLD clients and continues to believe that it will hit its target to
roll out the .pro gTLD in the first quarter of 2003.

Bottom line, Register.com is very well capitalized (over $200 million in the
bank at the end of Q2) and has no long term debt. In this difficult economic
environment, we have decided to re-invigorate our focus on our core business,
but remain exremely interested in the .org opportunity which we view as one
of our competencies.  We continue to be committed to deploying all necessary
resources to ensure a successful transition and registry if we were to be
part of a successful .org bid.

Please feel free to contact me or my colleagues at either the RegistryOrg or
DotOrg bid.

Regards,

Elana Broitman
co - General Manager