Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: kandl
Date/Time: Sat, November 4, 2000 at 7:11 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.75 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Businesses NEED .Event

As the President of a business consulting corporation, specializing in developing marketing strategies, I am in a unique position to evaluate the merits of these proposals.

The greatest challenge currently faced by most businesses in advertising on the Internet is reaching their target market.  Demographic information is unreliable, at best, and most businesses are concerned with quantifying the return on their advertising investment.

IF YOU ONLY APPROVE ONE NEW TLD, THIS SHOULD BE THE ONE!!!!!  If you approve several, THIS SHOULD BE THE FIRST!

After reviewing many of other proposals, this proposal by Internet Events International is the ONLY one that demonstrates an understanding of the impact these new TLDs will have on the advertising world - without which the Internet would practically cease to exist.  The uniquely broad definition of the "event industry," combined with the creation of a categorical sub-domain system is amazing.  The importance of Internet Event International's attempt to make the Internet more accessible to end-users and more "targeted" for advertisers cannot be over-emphasized!

Furthermore, Internet Event International's proposal demonstrates a vision and level of competence which most of the other proposals seem to lack.  The fact that they are a new organization places them at a potential disadvantage.  It is refreshing, however, to see a company more oriented towards helping the Internet community than merely pursuing the "almighty dollar."  Ironically, the actual support they receive upon acceptance will probably far exceed their financial projections.

I am not suggesting that their proposal is "perfect."  I do believe, however, that their proposal offers the vision and capability to preserve the stability of the Internet while simultaneously providing the evolution and enhancement of the Domain Naming System, for which ICANN is responsible.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy