Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: open mind
Date/Time: Fri, November 10, 2000 at 5:28 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: why is that ?

So - we are really getting somewhere without emotionally based arguments all the time ! Great and thanks to all serious "interneter" and ICAAN who hopefully is listening to us !!!!
Here is anotherone:
"Image Online Design anticipates maintaining its $15 registry price throughout the forecast period. This is at least two and a half times the registry prices anticipated by others in this category. This higher price is likely to deter registrars and potential registrants."
Why does IOD insists on this high registry price ? The others could perform within .com / .net / .org much less expensive - I pay at the time US$ 8.00 per year/per domain - ??? Especially when there will be hopefully other TLD's who will be cheaper at the same time ? Is that not endangering the entire .web registry and it's success ? - I guess a lot of "regular" people will decide to register the cheaper TLD. That's one of the main reason of .com's giant sales - because they are cheaper then the most country code domains. For any reply on that I will be thankfull !
Thanks for listening
Alexander Evdokimov

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy