Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: sunshine
Date/Time: Sun, November 12, 2000 at 9:27 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 95
Score: 5
Subject: my response

Like the majority of people, I also assumed the board would be honest, fair human beings. It's why I didn't participate in the first public forum. I was *positive* Afilias would be *disqualified* from the process.
Not only were they not disqualified, they were *praised*, and if the staff report means anything, IOD will be dismissed and Afilias will be awarded .web or another TLD.
Very, very scary. Hoping for rationality on the part of the board members doesn't appear to be a path to success here.
Most people didn't understand the magnitude of a few key things that occurred in the formation of the computer industry over the past twenty years. I didn't fall into that category.
I do understand this upcoming decision with regard to the future of the internet and some of the repercussions that will be involved.
The sad thing is, I don't think most people understand. They just want a domain name. Period.
--M Lynn
p.s. With a media badge attached to my lapel, approaching and questioning a board member is civil behavior.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy