Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Eliahu
Date/Time: Wed, November 15, 2000 at 12:52 AM GMT
Browser: AOL Browser V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Please Read:  IMPORTANT - Give .Web To Afilias ICANN

To my friends,

Why is it that Afilias doesn't say a word about itself in the forum?

Why is it that IOD talks all about itself on the forum?

I'll tell you why.

It's because highly intelligent people are ready to expose Afilias to daylight.  The most dangerous thing in the world to Afilias is daylight, ergo; do not say a word.

I'll tell you why.

It's because IOD WANTS to be viewed by the world in broad daylight.  Daylight is the friend of IOD.

Therefore, since Afilias won't speak for itself; I'll speak for it.

We at Afilias should be chosen because we totally control the world of top level domains already.  What this means is that we know how to do it.  None of you can argue with this.  We have done it, we are doing it, and we will continue to do it.

Choosing anybody other than us is a risky plan.  CAN WE AFFORD TO EXPOSE THE ENTIRE WORLD TO A RISKY PLAN?  You know the answer.  Of course we can't.

We at Afilias should be chosen because we know ICANN better than anyone else.  If ICANN is the King, and we know ICANN better than anyone else, who else would you want to run .Web?  None of you can argue with this.

Choosing anybody other than us is a risky plan.  CAN WE AFFORD TO EXPOSE THE ENTIRE WORLD TO A RISKY PLAN?  You know the answer.  Of course we can't.

We at Afilias should be chosen because the world has already chosen us.  Almost 30 million people and companies have voted for us with their pocketbook.  How can 20,000 votes compare to 30 million?  None of you can argue with this.

Finally, we at Afilias should be chosen because NSI, our leader, owns infinitely more premier .com names than any other person or company on earth.  None of you can argue with this.

My apologies to ICANN, Afilias, Core, NSI, and Ken for speaking on their behalf.  Since so very many people were speaking so very admiringly of IOD, I felt it only fair that someone come forward to speak on your behalf also.

Wishing you the very best the world has to offer, Eliahu

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy