Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: aaaswt
Date/Time: Thu, November 16, 2000 at 12:37 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: .SHOP - Do It  For The People

I am a retailer with offline and online businesses and as I've stated in earlier posts, .shop is the only TLD addition which makes any sense at all to me or other people in the same categories.  The general public also stands to benefit greatly from the release of .shop because aside from easier navigating on the net, the retailers would pass the benefit of lower marketing costs on to the consumer, and competition would be enhanced effecting prices and customer service.

In addition, there are many worldwide manufacturers, distributors, and wholesalers who are waiting to jump into the direct retail sector, if there is a way for them to do so cost effectively.  We have heard the outcry of these people by way of this forum, regarding .shop. Although this would probably cause myself some re-working of business structure because of the competition, my business is used to the ebb and flow of the world population, and ultimately, I will find a way to give the consumer what they want, and my business will thrive.
ICANN, take another look at .shop.

Arlene Artale     

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy