Return to election Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Nestor_DR
Date/Time: Fri, July 7, 2000 at 7:03 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: AT LARGE REPRESENTATION IS NECESSARY BUT NOT SUFFICIENT

I think that the presently represented groups are necessary but not sufficient to make of the process and the Nominees/Elected Directors legitimate so as to stand tests of legitimacy, civil rigths claims, due process, equity, openness, broad-based consensus requierements, due notice, and rule-making vis-a-vis the limited knowledge about ICANN (be it by lack of awareness or due to inability to access information due to cultural/linguistic barriers and the English-only content of these elections, etc.).  Let's face it ICANN is a QUANGOR (i.e., a quasi-non-governmental-agency, not just your regular 501 c(3) corporation).  Even if relegated to the "technical and coodinating capacity", ICANN nevertheless MAKES policy, not just locally (U.S. federal/State) but also globally (i.e., affecting nation-states down to the "bone-marrow" local-of-local levels). Satisfactorily Addressing these by ICANN, prospectively rather than retrospectively, issues are pruedent, necessary and required if the process is to be in the spirit of the Memoranda of Understanding between ICANN and the powers that be, the Constitutionality of the resulting actions and the alingnment of these with International accords.

Sincerely,

Nestor Requeno
Los Angeles, California USA

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy