Why "sponsored" TLDs only?
Post a reply
  • To: gtld-plan-comments@xxxxxxxxx, webmaster@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Why "sponsored" TLDs only?
  • From: SungSoo Kim <kssoo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 00:26:17 -0800 (PST)

Why "sponsored" TLDs only?

In a civilized world, ways and means of human expression
should never be restricted artificially. We, the common
users of the internet, in order to be able to speak more
freely, conveniently, and effectively, need the "sponsored"
as well as "unsponsored" modes of expression. We need both,
not only one over the other.

Simply because the so-called "sponsored" TLDs are less
prone to disputes and easier to handle, Mr. Lynn and those
around him are known to prefer the "sponsored" TLDs only in
the next round. Being that much ignorant of what they are
mandated for, I'm afraid to say, this testifies that they
are simply not well qualified for their job at ICANN. The
common users of the internet wish to have a President, a
Chairman, board members, and secretaries who fully
understand that they are after all missioned to promote the
human communication and expression. Being more- or less-
prone to disputes, or being more- or less- complicated in
their work should be the last criteria for the selection of
new TLDs.