.cc answers

I see a lot of questions in the current postings about the .cc TLD. This so
called "TLD" is a bit misleading at best. I believe that TLD and country
codes are two different things. That's right, the .cc is just another
country code. The current list of TLD's remains unchanged with the usual
.com, .org, .edu, etc. I have to admit, this was a good marketing ploy, but
unfortunately, it plays on people's ignorance. If you consider .cc a new
TLD, then there are hundreds more "new TLD's" nestled between .aa and .zz.
Clearly IANA considers .cc a country code since there have two separate
headings - "Generic Domains (.com, .net, .org, etc)" and "Country Code
Domains (.us, .jp, .uk, etc.)".