Re: [ifwp] Re: The Gathering in Boston on the 19th is *ON*

At 05:11 AM 9/8/98 , Ellen Rony wrote:
>This is an
>interative process with each version building on the one(s) preceding it.
>If the Berkman Center meeting had not been cancelled, a blending of IFWP
>proposals into a final iteration would have been achieved.
>
>Again, I think it's significant that NSI and IANA are working together, but
>that should not foreclose other input or modification for the development
>of the final iteration. Please convince me how it is in the best interest
>of the Internet community for the two parties with the most at stake to be
>able to privately design the entity that will oversee their operations --
>without an opportunity for final review; without an opportunity for
>modification, if deemed to be necessary

I now see the IANA+NSI meetings as a contract negotiation.

After those two parties are done, it would appear that other
parties plan on negotiating directly with IANA, as well.  To
see this for yourself, I suggest you review the CIX email that
was mistakenly sent to the public list.  It would appear that
CIX, AIM and conceivably others intend on doing the same thing.

So, under this scenario, who is going to negotiate for the
IFWP consensus points????

Regards,

Jay Fenello
President, Iperdome, Inc.
404-250-3242  http://www.iperdome.com

 ISPF, The Forum for ISPs by ISPs.  October 26-28, 1998, Atlanta, GA.
 Three days of clues, news, and views from the industry's best and
 brightest. http://www.ispf.com/ for information and registration.