New Byelaws Proposal

Seems pretty good to me.

This new version seems to me to be based on the consensus (such as it
was) in Geneva, and seems sensible and practical.

I think that the Purposes article (see extract below) captures well what
is required to ensure the on-going operation of the Internet.

I think the discussion should focus on the practical steps necessary to
make the new organisation a reality by the end of September.

Thanks
Dennis

ARTICLE I:          PURPOSES

This corporation (the "Corporation") is established for the purposes
specified in its Articles of Incorporation.  These
purposes include maintaining the operational stability of the Internet
by: (i) coordinating the assignment of Internet
technical parameters as needed to maintain universal connectivity on the
Internet; (ii) managing and performing
functions related to the coordination of the Internet address space;
(iii) managing and performing functions related to the
coordination of the Internet domain name system, including overseeing
policies for determining the circumstances under
which new top-level domains are added to the root system; (iv)
overseeing operation of the authoritative Internet root
server system; (v) engaging in any other lawful activity in furtherance
of items (i) through (iv); and (vi) engaging in any
other lawful act or activity for which a corporation may be organized
under the California Nonprofit Public Benefit
Corporation Law ("CNPBCL").