Re: IANA ByLaws Proposal for Discussion -- Second Iteration

Speaking only for myself:

Thes are looking very good and very realistic. I have two comments:

> ARTICLE VI.         STRUCTURE OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
> Section 5.     ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
>
> Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, no elected or
> appointed official of a national government or a multinational entity
> established by treaty or other agreement between national governments
> may serve as a Director.

As written this excludes staff of scientific or technical organisations
such as CERN (where I used to work). This is clearly a bug. I suggest
adding a clause "other than those with exclusively scientific or
technical missions" before the word "established".

> Section 19.    ELECTRONIC MAIL
>
> Communication by electronic mail shall be considered equivalent to any
> communication otherwise required to be in writing, except a written
> consent authorized by Section 18 of this Article.

The exception prevents the board from taking decisions by email,
which is ludicrous. The clause starting with "except" should be
deleted.

  Brian Carpenter

The Corporation