Re: U.S. Postal Service proposal: restricting domain names to street addresses

Excerpts from cpsr.bulk: 14-Aug-98 U.S. Postal Service proposa.. Michael
Sondow@ic.sunysb (894*)

> 	I am categorically opposed to all and any definition,
> restriction, or limitation of domain names by geographical street
> addresses. Such restriction is totally antithetical to the spirit of
> universality of Internet communications. Better would be the
> abandonment, internationally, of ccTLDs.

I personally have a hard time seeing why you think this.  I think it
would be very good for communities, for example, if you could send email
to your neighbors by their street address, or set up mailing lists for
everyone in your block or neighborhood.  How is this antithetical to the
"spirit of universality"?  -- Nathaniel
--------
Unless all existence is a medium of revelation, no particular revelation is
possible.	-- William Temple

Nathaniel Borenstein <nsb+faq@guppylake.com>