Jointly Developed Bylaws - Time for Responses

Jon, Gabe,

First, thank you for your efforts in bringing forward the latest jointly
developed final draft Bylaws for the new Internet Corporation for
Assigned Names and Numbers.

You suggest in your explanatory document that any suggestion for
specific changes must be received within the next day or two.  While
agreeing that it is now important that closure occur on these initial
basic instruments, it is, in my view, not reasonable to suggest that a
substantially changed draft be presented on a Thursday with a deadline
for comments the following weekend.

There are many important Internet stakeholders in Europe (RIPE,
RIPE-NCC, RIPE CENTR to name three) who will not be in a position
formally to consider this final draft until next Thursday, 24 September,
1998, and will not be able to endorse (or not) this document until close
of business (European time) that day.

The deadline proposed is, I have to say, unreasonable.

Thanks
Dennis