Joint IANA and NSI Documents

I write on behalf of the CENTR policy group (Council of European
National Top level domain Registries).

Having read the Joint IANA and NSI Documents Defining the New Internet
Corporation, we find areas of serious concern within the texts which
the CENTR group will discuss early next week before forming a
position.

We are troubled by the remark in the Introduction from Jon Postel and
Gabe Battista that suggestions for changes must be received within the
next day or two as this allows little time for interested parties to
consult and formulate suggestions or comments. We ask that a few days
longer be allowed for the content of the documents to be studied and
discussed before conclusions are reached.

More detailed comment from CENTR will follow as soon as possible after
our meeting on 22 September 1998.

Fay Howard
CENTR Project Manager