Re: [dnsproc-en] classification and other TM issues

>Martin B. Schwimmer wrote:
>
>> Prof. Mueller is being interviewed on a Web station about the DNS Sept
1999.

>> Prof. Mueller says: "As you know there are now _NO NEW gTLDS.  Examples of
>> the new gTLDS THAT HAVE BEEN PROPOSED BUT SQUASHED BY VARIOUS INTERESTS
include
>> .WEB, .ZOO, .ZONE, .BIZ and .FIRM.  THE NEW DOMAIN NAME SUPPORTING
ORGANIZATION
>> IS DEBATING [various characteristics such as eligibility and ownership].
THEY
>> EXPECT TO MAKE A DECISION SOMETIME IN 2000, OR AS SOON AS AMADEU ABRIL
STOPS
>> TALKING, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST

OK, I acknowledge that thoughtfulness takes time and that it is unfortunate
that for a group of people to act thoughtfully, they must take on the guise
of a committee.

You used the passive voice in your response - do you support the addition
of .web, .zoo, .zone, .biz and .firm?

As for .web, .biz and .firm, I assume your version is similar to the CORE
versions.  Who would be prime customers for .zoo (zoos, poachers, pet
shops, naturalists, silver-backed male gorillas?) and .zone?