Re: [ifwp] Re: AN IFWP CONSENSUS-BASED PROPOSAL

At 07:50 AM 8/21/98 -0700, you wrote:
>On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Mikki Barry wrote:
>
>> I'm quite serious, but DNRC couldn't afford $500.00.  Neither can many of
>> those we represent.
>
>This is absolutely ridiculous. If DNRC cannot afford $500 to join the new
>IANA then either DNRC is a front for one or two individuals or DNRC is an
>organization that does not have any stake in the issues that the new IANA
>deals with. To be a stakeholder implies that it is worth some real
>tangible amount of money in order to have your voice heard. $500 is a
>minimal amount for any organization that is not merely a front for one or
>two individuals. If you truly represent the rights of domain name holders
>then you should be easily able to get enough members to cough up $5 and
>cover your membership fees in the new IANA.

It would be interesting to know how many members belong to the DNRC,
whether there are publicly attended meetings of the general membership, how
is it funded, how its membership feels about the jewsforjesus.org case and
Ms. Barry's views-

the kind of thing that would justify the statements that DNRC has part of a
mandate to participate in the DNS process that exceeds that of the World
Intellectual Property Organization.

.