Re: [ifwp] Re: The Board

Jim and all,

  I agree with every thing you are saying here Jim except that the
  nIANA must not be answerable to the Internet community or the
Stakeholders/Members.  As the White Paper points out andy and all
Allocation of IP address space, DNS TLD's and ASN's must be decided by
the STAKEHOLDERS/MEMBERS.  NO one else.  This is where the old IANA and
the nIANA part company so to speak.  These new policies that he Address
council/committee may recommend must pass muster of the
Stakeholders/Members by way of a majority VOTE before enacted as
policy.  ARIN/RIPE/APNIC must adhere to these policies as they are a
consensus driven policy.  THis is NOT part of the current system!  We
have policies that have been imposed by the IANA and the regional
registries that are not in the best interest of the Internet community
(RFC2050 and RFC1918 for example).  THere are others as well.  This is
PART of the reason why the White Paper was necessary.  Lets not loose
sight of that!