Re: [ifwp] Re: announcement from the Berkman Center

At 10:57 AM 8/30/98 , Jim Dixon wrote:
>> >The point really is that in an effort to solve the gTLD problem, IANA
>> >created and blessed a movement which embraced confrontational politics,
>> >a MOUvement whose spokesmen relished conflict and divided the world into
>>
>> Jim, it's a shame you haven't considered the record very carefully.  Those
>> of us who have indulged in confrontation only started doing that after
>> being worn down by sustained misrepresentation and personal attacks.  I'm
>> sure you don't see it that way, but then that's part of the problem.
>
>Dave, I don't want to spend a long time on this.  I got involved in this
>process on your side.  The confrontational style drove me away.
>
>There are lots of us who had the same thing happen to them.

I'll confirm this.

As a matter of fact, I documented Jim's original
support for the MoU, his change of position, and
the subsequent attack from the MoU supporters to
the U.S. Government while it was happening.

While we will never know for certain, I suspect
that it was at least one reason the U.S. Government
decided to intervene in this debate.

Keep up the good work Dave, and they will be forced
to do so again ;-(

Regards,

Jay Fenello
President, Iperdome, Inc.