ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[3gtld-transition]

The following is our comment on module 5 of the New gTLD Applicant Guidebook Version 3

  • To: <3gtld-transition@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: The following is our comment on module 5 of the New gTLD Applicant Guidebook Version 3
  • From: "Alexei Sozonov" <sozon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 18:28:43 -0800

The following is our comment on module 5 of the New gTLD Applicant  Guidebook
Version 3: Module 55.0 It's is really important that before the opening of the
application period the final Registry Agreement needs to be presented by ICANN.
No application fee and\or applications might be accepted by ICANN until the
final Registry Agreement presented to public.5.2.1. In some cases there is a
strong objection towards existing requirement of signing up for DNSSEC in
government level. So existing enforcement of signing up for DNSSEC under single
US government authority on all data will challenge present government policy.
In case of Russia's IDN\ASCII gTLD applicants it's really sensitive issue which
present a challenge for both ICANN and applicants.5.2.2  The ability to handle
IvP6 is not sufficient enough in case of Eastern Europe and Former Soviet Union
countries, as well as at most of the developing world's ISPs. Asking for
requirement to present network tests to demonstrate actual live IvP6 will be
block IDN-using-and-need countries and favor wealthy ascii countries to have
advantage based on that clause.5.4 By simple calculations we can see that there
is sufficient (3X-4X times) increase in ICANN's revenue expected after the new
gTLDs launching. Does ICANN have exact plan how to handle this money and remain
to be in NON-profit corporation status?Very Best Regards, Alexei Sozonov CEO
Regtime Ltd / Russia / +1.604.773.9204