ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[5gtld-evaluation]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

Fwd: 2.2.1.2 Reserved Names

  • To: 5gtld-evaluation@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Fwd: 2.2.1.2 Reserved Names
  • From: Erick Iriarte Ahon <eiriarte@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 13:50:25 -0500

Hi

I'm worried, i sent this message and comment a few months ago for the past
version of the New gTLD, and in this version ICANN did not take the comment..

So i renew the comment.

We suggest to add in the paragraph 2.2.1.2 the four regional organizations of
ccTLDs (AfTLD, APTLD, CENTR and LACTLD) like reserved names. Like ARIN, LACNIC,
AFRINIC, RIPE and APNIC, for IP's numbers, the regional organizations of ccTLDs
are involved directly in the process of ccTLDs and ICANN (the 4 ROs have
liasons in the ccNSO Council and participate in different working groups and
are recognized by the community).

Erick Iriarte Ahon
General Manager - LACTLD
http://www.lactld.org