ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[6gtld-evaluation]

IDN .ASIA TLD in the New gTLD Process

  • To: <6gtld-evaluation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: IDN .ASIA TLD in the New gTLD Process
  • From: "Baasansuren Burmaa" <burmaa@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 16:40:34 +0900

Dear Sir or Madam,

We are supportive of the DotAsia initiative, their continued commitment to
the community and their work to make ".ASIA" in different languages a
reality to serve the Pan Asia and Asia Pacific Internet Community.

We therefore are supportive of their comments that:
- a one-size-fits-all arbitrary percentile for regional TLD initiatives is
inappropriate
- the new gTLD process should respect the diversity and different cultural,
geopolitical and Internet community conditions for each regional initiative
- commitment from the applicant to continue (beyond the application stage)
to respond to governments in the region is more important

Best regards,

B.Burmaa

Director, MN Domain Registry
Datacom Co., Ltd