ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[6gtld-evaluation]

Supportive of the DotAsia initiative

  • To: 6gtld-evaluation@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Supportive of the DotAsia initiative
  • From: "Kenny Huang, Ph.D." <huangk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 10:29:29 +0800

Dear Sir,

We are supportive of the DotAsia initiative, their continued commitment to
the community and their work to make ".ASIA" in different languages a
reality to serve the Pan Asia and Asia Pacific Internet Community.

We therefore are supportive of their comments that:
- a one-size-fits-all arbitrary percentile for regional TLD initiatives is
inappropriate
- the new gTLD process should respect the diversity and different cultural,
geopolitical and Internet community conditions for each regional initiative
- commitment from the applicant to continue (beyond the application stage)
to respond to governments in the region is more important

Dr. Kenny Huang
Board of Director, TWNIC (Taiwan Network Information Centre)
Executive Council, APNIC (Asia Pacific Network Information Centre)
Board of Director, ISOC-TW (Internet Society, Taipei Chapter)
Executive Supervisor, TWIA (Taiwan Internet Association)
huangk@xxxxxxxxxxx