ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[acdr-proposal]

Comment regarding ACDR Proposal to be Recognized as an Official Dispute Resolution Provider Under the UDRP

  • To: <acdr-proposal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comment regarding ACDR Proposal to be Recognized as an Official Dispute Resolution Provider Under the UDRP
  • From: "Barbara Madonik" <madonik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 12:59:18 -0400

Dear Sirs/Madam,

I am a mediator and professional in resolving disputes.  My objective has
always been to look for workable solutions and avoid setting up environments
that might lead to potential disputes.

I applaud establishing a center to resolve conflicts related to intellectual
property through international arbitrators.  However, I believe the locale
might not be ideal. If ICANN headquartered its Dispute Resolution Service
Provider in an Arab state.  The location might be somewhat limiting since
resolving disputes should be an all-inclusive service that assists ICANN in
both Arab and non-Arab countries (i.e., throughout the Middle East).
Perhaps a more neutral location could be considered.

Thank you for considering my thoughts.

Respectfully submitted,

Barbara Madonik

President, Unicom Communication Consultants Inc.

Communication Strategist , Mediator, Author & United Nations Consultant and
Trainer

Tel: 416-652-1867  E-mail: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Website: www.unicomcommunication.com

http://www.blaney.com/images/signature/env.gif Please consider the
environment. Do not print this email unless you need to.

This message, including any attachments, is intended for only the person to
whom it is addressed.  It contains privileged and/or confidential
information.  Any unauthorized disclosure is prohibited.  If you have
received this message in error, please notify us immediately and delete the