ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[affrev-draft-processes]

Affirmation Reviews

  • To: <affrev-draft-processes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Affirmation Reviews
  • From: "Adrian O'Leary" <adrian_oleary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 18:56:18 -0600

Steve – Excellent Commentary!

Integrity as a concept has to do with perceived consistency of actions, values,
methods, measures, principles, expectations and outcome.

Day-in-day out we see stories in the news about hackers and stolen identities
on web.  We have organizations like that of the Payment Card Industry Security
Standards Council (PCI SSC) that try to implement controls to protect their
consumers, but all too often organizations do not abide by these regulations
and put the community at risk.  ICANN like PCI SSC can set standards to help
reduce the risk of fraudulent behavior on a communication medium that spans the
world.  I live in London, but the world on a daily basis becomes smaller and
smaller with new technology that reaches a global market place.

Adrian O'Leary
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390707/direct/01/