ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[affrev-draft-processes]

ICANN's new Public Interest Imperative

  • To: affrev-draft-processes@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN's new Public Interest Imperative
  • From: Imo Ukpong <imo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 05:47:56 +0100

Looking at the comments on the AOC and ICANN's goal of living up to a
"public interest" test, I agree that we need to go farther in setting
milestones and measuring progress.  As a businessman from Nigeria, when Mr.
DelBianco (in the first comment) talks about the need for standards around
availability and integrity of the system, this makes sense to me.  I
encourage the ICANN community to focus on putting standards in place,
standards that will make sense to the public.  Especially for parts of the
world like mine where the Internet is expanding fast, standards around
availability and integrity are essential and will build confidence in the
system.

- - - - -
*Imo Ukpong*
Managing Partner