ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[afrinic-recognition]

AfrISPA's support for AfriNIC recognition as RIR

  • To: <afrinic-recognition@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: AfrISPA's support for AfriNIC recognition as RIR
  • From: "Eric Osiakwan" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 23:08:20 +0200

Dear ICANN Board and CEO,

On behalf of the Board and Executives of the African ISP Association (AfrISPA,
www.afrispa.org), I write to support the resubmission of the AfriNIC proposal
to be recognised as Africa's Regional Internet Registry (RIR).

AfrISPA has followed with keen interest the efforts to establish this registry
which is very critical to the operation of our members and more recently the
transition process. AfriNIC has faced some teething challenges however we
beleive in the ability of the board and management to manage the resources and
operate such an institution.

We recognise the importance of such an institution and would like to indicate
our support not only for their recognition but also to collaborate with them in
ensuring a smooth operation of the Internet in Africa for the "common good".

Thank you.

--
Eric M.K Osiakwan
Executive Secretary