ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-forum]

Network Solutions DNS Change

  • To: <forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Network Solutions DNS Change
  • From: "Tyson Miller" <tyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 22:18:03 -0400

I STRONGLY disagree with Network Solutions recent changes that make any
non-registered sub-domain name/host name resolve to a Network Solutions
page. Example, I have mydomain.com registered with Network Solutions.
However, if I type disagree.mydomain.com, it used to give me "Page
cannot be displayed." Now it takes me to a Network Solutions "This site
is registered with" page. I think this is a cheap way to get
advertisement and in my opinion, it a misuse of a privately registered
domain names.

  Tyson Miller

Progressive Technology, Inc.

20 Palmetto Parkway, Suite B
Hilton Head Island, SC  29926
Phone: 843.682.4990 ext 103  Fax: 843.682.4991 Mobile: 843.422.1642
This communication is confidential, intended only for the named
recipient(s) above and may contain trade secrets or other information
that is exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any use,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication by anyone
other than the named recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by
calling (843) 682.4990. Thank you.

JPEG image

JPEG image