ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[alac-forum]

Expired name reclamation fees/process

  • To: forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Expired name reclamation fees/process
  • From: Bill Ralph <bill.ralph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 08:32:01 -0600

I own a domain name which has expired, but has not yet been released to the general public. I have tried to reclaim the name, and I don't understand why I can't. I am told by GoDaddy that I must wait for it to go public again or pay an additional $80.00 fee. Is anyone aware of a reason for prohibitting me from reclaiming the name despite the fact that it has not been released? Can anyone tel me why it would cost an additional $80.00 to do so?

--
Bill Ralph
TheCommunityPage.com