ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Speaking of WSIS

  • To: "ALAC" <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] Speaking of WSIS
  • From: "John R Levine" <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 9 May 2005 02:30:32 -0400

I'll be attending the WSIS Cybersecurity conference in Geneva two weeks
before the ICANN meeting, and probably speaking on the first day, at one
of the sessions about spam.

North Americans aren't very interested in WSIS.  The only North American
meeting was one in Ottawa in March on indigenous peoples, a topic of much
more interest to Canadians than Americans.

R's,
John

PS: The week in between I'll be in Oxford UK visiting Ted Nelson, and
giving an informal talk on 4 July at Oxford on Internet governance.