ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Public Comment on Whois Task Force Report

  • To: "ALAC" <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Public Comment on Whois Task Force Report
  • From: "John R Levine" <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 11 May 2005 10:58:40 -0400

Re uniform languge vs. polysyllabic circumlocutions, deliberately obscure
language is hardly limited to the EU.

Some US states have plain language laws that requires that disclosures be
made in language readable at a 9th grade reading level or the like.  I am
not proposing that we delay our current comments, but if we go another
round, it might be worth mentioning.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://iecc.com/johnl, Mayor