ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Re: .NET FYI

  • To: "Bret Fausett" <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Re: .NET FYI
  • From: "John R Levine" <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 9 Jun 2005 18:30:50 -0400

> Verisign is the best applicant, so be it, but I would simply like
> someone to explain to me why ICANN's contention that Verisign is in
> breach of its existing .NET agreement (see, sitefinder, et al.) was not
> a factor in the award process. It still boggles my mind.

My guess is that they would say that VRSN is not in breach right this
minute, so it might be more useful to ask if the breach had been cured and
if so, when they cured the breach, how ICANN determined that they had done
so, and what notice was there when the breach was cured.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://iecc.com/johnl, Mayor