ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Comments for August 1 Deadline on New TLD Paper

  • To: ALAC <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] Comments for August 1 Deadline on New TLD Paper
  • From: Bret Fausett <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:07:18 +0200

As we've discussed, responses to the ICANN Staff paper on New TLDs are due on or before 1 August 2005. The Staff paper is here:

 http://icann.org/announcements/announcement-06jul05.htm
 http://icann.org/tlds/new-gTLD-questions.pdf

I have stripped the questions out of ICANN's PDF and put them into a Word document (attached) which you can fill out and circulate to the list. For those who don't have Word, an HTML version is here:

 http://www.lextext.com/ALAC-TLDresponse.htm

If you'll provide thoughts on these questions, I will assimilate them and put them into a draft ALAC response. We ought to try to have responses from ALAC members into the list by 21 July 2005 (this is good work for your airplane trip home ;-). That will give us a week to revise and complete the ALAC position paper.

Bret