ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] [Fwd: Emergency resolution on .xxx recall - and the destruction of ICANN's integrity]

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <alac_liaison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [alac] [Fwd: Emergency resolution on .xxx recall - and the destruction of ICANN's integrity]
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:19:38 +0200

Il giorno mar, 16-08-2005 alle 22:24 +0000, Roberto Gaetano ha scritto:
> >Over the weekend ICANN's Governmental Advisory Committee transmitted a
> >letter asking ICANN to reverse its decision to approve the .xxx TLD.

> I am only aware of this document, which sais a different thing:
> http://www.icann.org/correspondence/tarmizi-to-board-12aug05.htm

I pointed that out as well on other lists: that letter only contains
personal advice by the Chairman of the GAC. Until now, the only
government that has formally asked ICANN not to approve .xxx is the USG:

http://www.icann.org/correspondence/gallagher-to-cerf-15aug05.pdf

However, it seems that ICM Registry itself has asked :-) the Board to
defer:

http://www.icann.org/correspondence/lawley-to-twomey-15aug05.pdf

Ciao,