ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Re: [alac-admin] Pending ALAC administrative changes

  • To: ICANN At-Large - Denise Michel <michel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] Re: [alac-admin] Pending ALAC administrative changes
  • From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 19:49:18 -0400

I agree with the substance of the change, but I wonder if it's procedurally worthwhile, given the effort to change a bylaw that won't make significant difference once changed (i.e., it makes little difference to ICANN power structures whether we approve none or all of the few ALSs who apply -- none of them has any power). If we have a limited amount of Board attention, wouldn't we be better off spending it asking for more significant changes to the way ALAC works and influences ICANN?

--Wendy