ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Re: [alac-admin] Re: Long but important, and action needed: Selecting the 2006 ICANN Nominating Committee

  • To: Interim ALAC <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] Re: [alac-admin] Re: Long but important, and action needed: Selecting the 2006 ICANN Nominating Committee
  • From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 15:34:12 -0500

This timeline sounds as though it is too short for ALAC to get meaningful participation from the numerous geographically diverse groups it is supposed to represent. I can't see any way we could get input from the at-large and appoint nomcomm members in time for people from remote regions to arrange for travel to Vancouver in less than a month. In that case, starting meetings in Vancouver will marginalize at-large input from the start.

Can we hear from ALAC's other previous nomcomm appointees to see if they agree with Bret that there is no need to start the process this early?

--Wendy