ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] ALAC position on VRSN settlement?

  • To: johnl@xxxxxxxx, bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [alac] ALAC position on VRSN settlement?
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <alac_liaison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 02:02:10 +0000

Folks,
Can we please avoid polluting our position on the specific points of the agreement with considerations on the honesty of staff and board?
I am personally against the 7% increase, do not believe that this will allow any kind of market forces to autoregulate the thing, and have already commented in the Board list that the statement in the Q&A is ludicrous.
However, if we want to achieve any result, we should probably provide a political statement and a comprehensive position paper, not allegations that could be taken personally and fire back.
Regards,
Roberto GAETANO
ALAC
ICANN BoD Liaison