ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Advance agenda bashing

  • To: Interim ALAC <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] Advance agenda bashing
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:41:49 -0800

Hello,

I would like to do some advance agenda bashing so that we can start more quickly our next internal meetings.

These are some items I have on our agenda, please propose any changes/additions you might have, and also priorities:

1. REPORTS a. Reports from liaisons b. Revision of action points from Luxembourg + due punishments

2. ALS
a. Update on Bylaws edits on ALS accreditation process
b. Pending applications (esp. from Africa) + old applications from NA
c. RALO/Outreach plans

3. INTERNAL
a. ALAC self-review (finishing and releasing the document)
b. Consensus model (how do we take decisions when there is no full consensus)
c. Internal policy development process (how do we ensure we come out with a position on a policy matter when necessary, and how do we involve a broader community)
d. NomCom appointments
e. Mission / Vision statements
f. Minimum participation requirements
g. Terms of initial members
h. Review of internal positions for 2006 (Chair etc.)
i. ALAC budget
j. New website

4. ICANN STRUCTURE AND FUTURE
a. Report from WSIS (if anyone needs one)
b. Strategic plan
c. ICANN's evolution and reform + Future of At Large
d. Statement on transparency from Lux (ie, what happened to that)

5. POLICY
a. Statement on Verisign settlement agreement
b. Statement on IDNs and work in the new President's IDN Cmt.
c. Whois and privacy

6. WRAP-UP
a. Meetings review
b. Plans for Wellington