ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Re: [ga] Niue Redelegation Activities

  • To: dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx, aizu@xxxxxxx, vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac] Re: [ga] Niue Redelegation Activities
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <alac_liaison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:17:26 +0000

First of all, I still remain of my opinion that the issue of redelegation is orthogonal to the issue of representativity of the internet community, and is therefore something that is of more interest to GAC or ccNSO than ALAC. However, since you raise the issue to me, I will give a last response before putting the issue to rest.
There are public records of the proposals for redelegation submitted to the Board for action, please see http://www.iana.org/reports/cctld-reports.htm. I don't know about the requests that don't reach this stage. However, the process for redelegation is well-known (http://www.iana.org/cctld/redelegation-overview-09jul05.htm), and starts with the claimant filling a document (contents of which is described in Attachment A, same web page). If a request for redelegation was submitted to IANA, the claimant must be in possession of the documentation, and the receipt confirmation by IANA. Does these things exist? If yes, I will be glad to admit being in error. If not, the error is somewhere else.

Anyway, are you coming to Vancouver? And when? I think that we should not miss the chance to have a f2f discussion.

Regards,
Roberto GAETANO
ALAC
ICANN BoD Liaison