ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] ICANN blows off Ed Hasbrouck

  • To: johnl@xxxxxxxx, alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [alac] ICANN blows off Ed Hasbrouck
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <alac_liaison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 17:22:19 +0000

What I do not like is that action from ICANN is required in order to have an independent review.
A reasonable approach would be that a person who feels materially damaged by an ICANN action could start the appeal, and then it would be a problem of him/her and the court of appeal to agree on format, receivability, applicability, etc.
Obviously, a discussion is going on in the Board at this time, and this is the position I am presenting (long term solution). For the short term, I would be inclined to recommend the Board to let the appeal go to the ICC for IRP, but I would like to see discussion going in ALAC before presenting a position.
Regards,
Roberto GAETANO
ALAC
ICANN BoD Liaison