ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Revision of internal positions

  • To: ALAC <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] Revision of internal positions
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 21:21:25 +0100

All,

I'm trying to sum up our discussion on a revision of our internal positions (and to accommodate my desire to step down...). I would like to push the process forward and ensure that we pick new officers by the Wellington meeting.

I assume that we could proceed with one Chair plus two vice Chairs, one responsible for outreach and the other one for policy. I've seen other proposals, but I don't think that there are really deep differences and this one seemed to be the favourite. In any case, object now if you can't live with this.

Also, I would then call for (self-)nominations for the three positions, let's say by March 6th. This would give us sufficient time to discuss candidacies and hold an online vote before Wellington. As there might be people volunteering for one of the "vice" positions only, I would not give them to the losing candidates for Chair (if any), but I would recommend three separate nomination processes for the three positions, and people could volunteer for more than one.

Objections and suggestions welcome; if I don't get any by the end of this week, I will proceed as stated.
--
vb. [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<-----
http://bertola.eu.org/ <- Prima o poi...