ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Africa Position Paper on Internet growth through content

  • To: alice@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Africa Position Paper on Internet growth through content
  • From: "John R Levine" <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 7 Apr 2006 09:19:38 -0400

> Primarily their interest is driven by the value of content
> that they locate which is relevant to their lives and business.

That's surprising.  Here in the U.S., despite the myth that "content is
king" the reality is that what people are willing to pay for is person to
person communication.  See, for example
http://www.firstmonday.org/issues/issue6_2/odlyzko/

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",