ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac-admin] Re: [alac] Welcome letter to new ALSes

  • To: "Jean Armour Polly" <mom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac-admin] Re: [alac] Welcome letter to new ALSes
  • From: "Jacqueline Morris" <jam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 09:19:20 -0400

Sorry  - I forgot these points
I also think that since the new website gives us the ability to have
people create their own material, the ALS can get a passwrod, create
their material in the ALS section, and then the web team can revise
and approve for publishing - rather than fill out the template, email
back and have soemone enter it. This can be the fallback for those
groups who can't/don't want to do it themselves...
They should also do their pages in whatever language is best for them
- French, German, Spanish, Portuguese etc - and we should then provide
a translated into English page. If they find that there is information
on the website that they would like to see in other languages, they
can volunteer to translate it themselves.
We should have a section that explains ICANN, ALAC, how ALAC (and the
other acronyms) fit into ICANN (Maybe a structure diagram?) and the
responsibilities of each part of ICANN. I haven't seen this anywhere
and it would be really really useful. Also, the processes for
commenting etc - timelines, how to submit, etc.

Jacuqeline

--
Jacqueline Morris
www.carnivalondenet.com