ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Some proposed working groups

  • To: alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac] Some proposed working groups
  • From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 17:26:26 -0400

I put the notes I took of action items from our teleconference onto the ICANNwiki at <http://www.icannwiki.org/ALAC_Teleconference_May_5>, to which I see someone has already made some additions.

Since we clearly cannot get all of our work done through once-monthly teleconferences, especially when the teleconference facilities are so awful, I reiterate that we should do more through sub-committee working groups (formal or informal). Here would be my suggestions (some already formed):

Budget (John, Jacqueline, Annette)
Website/communications (Jean, Izumi, Sebastian (I think))
Research (Wendy, Bret, Alice, Annette)
Outreach
Meetings (i.e., scheduling and organization for the ICANN meetings)
ALS/RALOs

Topic-oriented: These can be more fluid, coming into existence when we want to learn more about a particular topic or to provide advice to the Board.
IDN
New gTLD
"existing contracts"
Privacy (Wendy, ...)
"Domain Tasting" and other end-user issues with domain name registration and use
Trademark and other restrictions on domain registration
RALO workshop in Marrakech (Jacqueline, Vittorio, Wendy, Annette)

--Wendy

-- Wendy Seltzer -- wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx Visiting Assistant Professor of Law, Brooklyn Law School Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/seltzer.html Chilling Effects: http://www.chillingeffects.org