ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] ALAC Marrakech planning wiki

  • To: "Sebastian Ricciardi" <sricciardi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [alac] ALAC Marrakech planning wiki
  • From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 19:54:51 -0400

At 08:38 PM 5/27/2006 -0300, Sebastian Ricciardi wrote:
Wendy,

I can´t understand why you refused to make this exercise in Wellington, and
make this proposal now.

I don't know what you mean.

--Wendy

Anyway, I am very happy to have this discussion, and even happier to know
that you are now willing to participate.
I think It should be half a day at least.

Best regards,

S.

-----Mensaje original----- De: owner-alac@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-alac@xxxxxxxxx] En nombre de Wendy Seltzer Enviado el: Sábado, 27 de Mayo de 2006 06:48 p.m. Para: Annette Muehlberg; alac@xxxxxxxxx Asunto: [alac] ALAC Marrakech planning wiki

Started: <http://www.icannwiki.org/ALAC_Marrakech>

>  We planned the RALO workshop, I think, for sunday

OK so who's planning the RALO workshop?

Suggested items for the agenda:
10 min overview of how we got here (past membership experiments, concerns
addressed by this model, concerns generated by this model)
5 min overviews of the RALO experience in each region, with opportunity for
input from region's individuals if they're in the audience
- should we send out questionnaires to the accredited ALSs asking them,
e.g., how they feel about their ICANN participation; how they'd like to
help; what, if anything they'd like to change?
RALO formation.
- where it's in progress, what template documents could make the process
easier
- where it's not in progress, what are the barriers to RALO formation
- what's been tried, what's worked, what's failed How can individuals impact
ICANN decision-making?
On what issues do individual Internet users want to impact ICANN? on what
issues should they?
Open questions and alternatives
- should the same models apply to all regions?
- should ALS/RALO/ALAC have Board votes? GNSO Council votes?
- should individuals form constituencies instead of or in addition to
ALS-RALOs?

I see this as a three-hour to half-day workshop.

--Wendy

--
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx
Visiting Assistant Professor of Law, Brooklyn Law School Fellow, Berkman