ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Conference Call 8 June

  • To: Annette Muehlberg <annette.muehlberg@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Conference Call 8 June
  • From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 06:31:56 -0400

At 12:18 AM 6/6/2006 +0200, Annette Muehlberg wrote:

Reminder:
Liaisons should send brief written reports to the admin list, before the call--if "no new news" is the report, send that. :-))
Reports needed on: -

..
- WHOIS

The WHOIS task force has been meeting somewhat less frequently than in the past. Much of its recent discussion has focused on a proposal advanced by Ross Rader (Tucows, registrar constituency), to replace existing contacts of a WHOIS record with an "Operational Point of Contact" <http://code.byte.org/blog/_archives/2005/11/28/1426464.html>. We're assessing the necessity of each piece of data collected against this and other proposals.

On research, I've gotten little follow-up from others in outlining a research plan of action. It appears, further, that ALAC lacks the capacity to implement anything we recommend, so the value of planning depends on working closely with staff. I hope one of our new temporary staff members will be able to join these discussions.

I will likely be unable to make the call.

--Wendy

--
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx
Visiting Assistant Professor of Law, Brooklyn Law School