ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] About Regions

  • To: "Bret Fausett" <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [alac] About Regions
  • From: shahshah@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:59:00 +0330 (IRST)

My suggestion that borderline states choose between Europe and
West-Central Asia would cover this. Turkey too, which is the orginial
place called 'Asia', would probably prefer to be part of Europe. Israel,
used to be in Asia Confederation in soccer at one time, but they switched
to Europe.
Siavash
> Where would you put Israel in this model?
>
>> My position is that ultimatly the entire old world area of
>> Asia/Pacific, Europe and Africa has to be divided into five
>> regions: non-Arab Africa, Arab Africa+ Arab countries,
>> Europe, West and Central Asia, Pacific.

IPM/IRNIC
P.O.Box 19395-5564, Shahid Bahonar Sq.
Tehran 19548, Iran
Phone: (+98 21) 22 82 80 80; 82 80 81, ext 113
Cell: (+98 912)104 2501
Fax: (+98 21) 22 29 57 00
Email: shahshah@xxxxxxxx, shahshah@xxxxxx, shahshah@xxxxxxxxx